Do you have a Healthy Home?Maintaining a Healthy Home is not only good for your home but it is good for your family. For more information on how to maintain a healthy home visit any of the following websites.
- HUD Healthy Homes and Lead Hazard Control website
- Iowa Department of Public Health Environmental Health Services
Healthy Homes Program Toolkit Grant Program
Thanks to funding provided by the Marshall County Community Foundation and the Martha Ellen Tye Foundation the City of Marshalltown has begun administration of a Healthy Homes Program. In this initial stage we are collecting data from residents related to their home environment and potential areas that may impact their family's health. As a participant they may be eligible to receive a healthy homes toolkit.
The Healthy Homes Toolkit may include items* such as:
- Free Healthy Home Assessment
- ABC Fire Extinguisher
- Dual Sensor Smoke Alarm
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- No slip shower pad
- Spray bottle and sponges
- Cleaning bucket and cleaning flyer
- Bed bug information packets
- Bed bug mattress protectors
- Outlet protectors
- Rubber gloves
- First Aid Kit
- LED night lights
- Healthy Homes Coloring book and crayons
- Other Informational booklets
*Not all kits will include all items. Items distributed are based on survey results, availablility and property ownership. Limited quantity are available - estimated 50 toolkits available.
For more information about this program please contact the housing office.