The City of Marshalltown is required to maintain a Comprehensive Plan for the community. The Housing & Community Development Department is currently working with Stantec Consulting to complete an updated plan. The City received a State grant to fund 50% of the cost associated with the process.
A Comprehensive Plan is a guide used by community leaders to prepare for future growth and development needs. The process will take approximately 18 months to complete and will have several phases involving Citizens, committees and the Council.
The Plan will incorporate the Iowa Smart Planning Principles
FINAL PLAN (approved by Council on 11/12/2012)
Resources and documents presented:
- Background Report
- November Newsletter
- Community presentation
- Public Comment Form If you were unable to attend a public forum you may complete this fillable form online and either print it and return it to the planning office or submit it via e-mail through the form. Be sure to select the appropriate e-mail option based on the program you use. View the options. DRAFT CHAPTERS 08-24-2012
- Introduction Chapter DRAFT
- Land Use & Community Design Chapter DRAFT
- Housing Chapter DRAFT
- Economic Development Chapter DRAFT
- Parks & Trails Chapter DRAFT
- Transportation Chapter DRAFT
- Community Facilities DRAFT PRESENTATIONS
- Community Presentation 09-19-12
- Steering Committee Presentation 09-19-12
- November 2011 Comp Plan Newsletter
- January 2012 Draft Goals & Policies
- March 2012 Public Presentation
- Visual Preference Survey
For photos of the process check out the City of Marshalltown Facebook page You must log in to Facebook to see the City page.
For additional information please contact Stephen Troskey - City Planner at 641-752-3154