City Council Belief Statements:
The council generally meets the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 5:30. Meetings are usually held in the Council Chambers on the second floor of the Carnegie building addition at 10 W. State St., unless otherwise announced in the meeting agenda.
- We believe everyone has the responsibility to make a positive contribution to improve our community and quality of life.
- We believe that city government will at all times provide excellent service.
- We believe our decisions should encompass immediate needs and a vision of the future.
- We respect our employees and placea a high value on the contributions and accomplishments they provide to the community. We will keep in mind the role differences between department heads and elected officials.
- It is our intent to make objective decisions based on understanding, facts, trust, and community input.
- We believe that it is essential for the city government to provide information to the community in a timely manner, which builds mutual trust and understanding.
- We believe everyone deserves respect and a safe, clean city.
Both the Mayor and council members are elected by registered voters within the city. Four council members represent wards. Three council members serve at large.
The ward map indicates voting site.
For a printable (pdf) listing of names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses displayed on this page click here.
There is also a map is in djvu format and requires the djvu browser plugin. For information about the plugins required for viewing our map files, click here
For meeting agendas click here
James Lowrance - Mayor1502 S. 12th Street
805 Joan Terrace
503 S 12th Street
1802 Sherwood Avenue
701 Lee Street
420 Hughes Street
404 Meadow Lane
209 Olson Way