Both the Mayor and council members are elected by registered voters within the city. Four council members represent wards. Three council members serve at large. The ward map on our Maps page indicates voting site.
City Council Belief Statements:
- We believe that city government will at all times provide excellent customer service.
- We believe our decisions should encompass immediate needs and a vision of the future.
- We respect our employees and place a high value on the contributions and accomplishments they provide to the community. We will keep in mind the role differences between department heads and elected officials.
- It is our intent to make objective decisions based on understanding, facts, trust and community input.
- We believe that it is essential for the city government to provide information to the community in a timely manner, which builds mutual trust and understanding.
- We believe all residents have the responsibility to make a positive contribution to improve our community and quality of life.
- We believe all residents deserve respect and a safe, clean city.
Mayor James Lowrance
(Term Expires on December 31, 2017)
24 N. Center St.
Marshalltown, IA 50158
Office: 641- 754-5712
Planned office hours:
9:30 - 11:00 M-W-F
1:30 - 3:00 Tues-Thurs
|View department meetings (399)
View all meetings (1311)